Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Perfect Day for Fishing

 
This little guy was made for John's Dad and Pap.  Their birthdays are two weeks apart, so they wanted one cake to celebrate.  They are avid fishermen, and I decided I wanted to try to work on figure making.  I used all fondant, gumpaste, and the little fishing rods are uncooked spaghetti painted brown.  It was fun to make them, and I learned a ton about figures from awesome tutorials provided on YouTube that Cake Central.  The cake was a milk chocolate cake with a triple chocolate filling...my fave part was the chunks of white chocolaty goodness mixed in with the dark and milk chocolate ganache.
I need to remember to take better pictures of my cakes instead of taking them quickly right before they are cut and destroyed!
Again, thank you to my family and friends for letting me bake up a storm for them.

There's always room for cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it, love it, or leave it...